Saturday 19 January 2013

Black Peony by Zara: the £9.99 Flowerbomb dupe

Black Peony eau de toilette 50ml £9.99 Zara
It was pretty much love at first sniff when Mother Bear bought me a bottle of Flowerbomb for my 18th birthday.  But at £55 for a 50ml bottle, my pitiful student budget can't fund such luxuries!

So you can imagine my delight, when out bargain hunting in the Trafford Centre on Monday, I finally discovered a fragrance that comes amazingly close to mimicking the gorgeousness of Viktor + Rolf's heaven-scent (sorry, couldn't resist) creation.

Zara's own brand fragrance, Black Peony, comes in at a purse-friendly £9.99.  Yes, it is only an eau de toilette and doesn't have the staying power of Flowerbomb, but when a little slice of luxury is so affordable, who cares?  

For those of you who haven't tried Flowerbomb, it's a distinctive, addictive fragrance that smells like a bouquet of fruity, oriental florals wrapped in spun sugar and topped with a sprinkling of vanilla fairy dust.  Basically, it is the ultimate girly fragrance.

The only difference I believe there is between the two, is that Black Peony is slightly less musky and lacks the heady sweetness of Flowerbomb.  However, the differences are so slight, even the most well-trained nose could be fooled by this brilliant dupe.   


Have you tried Black Peony?
What is the best dupe product you've found?



4 comments:

Annabelle said...

I have never tried this perfume (too obsessed with Rihanna Rebl Fleur!) but I have heard the MUA palette is very similar to the Naked Palette! <3 I don't know yet!! <3
Lots of love from
Annabelle
TheCurleyGirl
http://thecurleygirl.blogspot.co.uk/
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Lauren Davis said...

Reb'l Fleur is one of my favourites too! Oooh, I have the Naked 2 palette, it's probably my favourite item in my makeup bag. MUA are great for bargain buys, love how their lippy is only £1 :)
xxx

Rachel said...

Ahhh, I love the smell of Flowerbomb but being a fellow student I've never been able to justify spending so much on it so this definitely comes in handy! I already love Zara fragrances so will definitely give this one a go, I already have their Cherry(?) one :) Love your layout and first post by the way, good luck with starting up. I hope you stick to it, I love your writing style!
glittercave.blogspot.co.uk xxx

Alice said...

Wow, I didn't know that Zara sold fragrances! - I really love the packaging and will definitely have a look when I'm next in store

Alice x rococ0.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com