Saturday 26 January 2013

Orange Blossom Cologne by Jo Malone



Orange Blossom Cologne 30ml £38 Jo Malone
Another fragrance review, (you'll soon discover that I'm quite the parfum connoisseur) and today it's Jo Malone's Orange Blossom Cologne.  

A Christmas present from my wonderful boyfriend, this is a fragrance which is already extra special to me.  At 22 years old, I finally feel like a proper grown-up.  A young lady.  Long gone are my teenage years, when 99p Charlie and Impulse body sprays were my weapon of choice.  It's official, Orange Blossom Cologne marks the start of a new, exciting period of my life.


I normally choose warm, musky oriental-floral fragrances, but Orange Blossom Cologne falls on the opposite end of the scent spectrum.  

It's uncomplicated; light, clean, fruity.  What I love most about this perfume, is that the first time I tried it, the smell instantly took me back to my childhood (I'm a sucker for nostalgia).  In the summertime, me and my younger sister would sit on the front step, peeling and eating tiny, sweet clementines.  Of course, the smell was beautiful, so we would rub the peel across our wrists, with the natural oils serving as a makeshift perfume that would last on our skin for hours.  

For me, Orange Blossom Cologne captures the essence of that memory, and maybe that's why I love it so much.  It's pure happiness in a bottle.  Just one or two sprays is enough for the scent to linger on your skin, hair and clothes for hours.

There's no denying that Jo Malone fragrances carry a high-end price tag, and look as though they were made to sit on only the most beautiful dressing tables - but if Orange Blossom is anything to go by, a place above commercial perfumes and mass-made eau de toilettes is well-deserved for this range.   Jo Malone proves premium fragrances can be simple, but still can come up trumps against the more exotic, gourmand concoctions which are experiencing such popularity.  After all, we all have heard the saying "less is more".

There are so many great perfumes out there that people aren't aware of, and Jo Malone's offerings fall into this hidden-gem category.  I would never have bought Orange Blossom Cologne for myself, simply because there is no department store near with to where I usually shop that stocks Jo Malone, and I would never buy a new fragrance over the internet (unless smell-o-vision gets invented one day).  

A quick peek at the Jo Malone site, and I discover you can create your own bespoke scent by wearing several of the colognes from the range at once - as they are "designed to be layered with complementary and contrasting" scents.  If I ever win the lottery, I am DEFFO buying the whole range.  Imagine the hours of fun!  Yes, I love a gimmick.  

My wish-list includes Vanilla & Anise, White Jasmine & Mint and French Lime Blossom.  I bet they're divine.



Have you tried a Jo Malone fragrance before?
What smell do you wish could be captured in a perfume?





4 comments:

Annabelle said...

Lovely post - the bottle looks soo chic and pretty!!!
Great post as usual Lauren!! <3
Lots of love from
Annabelle
TheCurleyGirl
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Brigitte Honeybee said...

i love perfumes too!
and i definitely loved my charlie spray days haha

welcome to the blogging world :)
im your newest follower
xoXo
BreezeyBee Blog

PS: you have word verification :(

Ellen Grace said...

I've never tried it, but I really want too! Sounds amazing

http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

x

Stephanie / Cocochic said...

YUMM! Need to try this!x

Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com